EcoFlex™ – Recyclable PE fabric
UrbanStorm has been at the forefront of developing and using fully recyclable fabric.
EcoFlex offers a much more cost-effective, environmentally friendly and future-proof alternative to PVC.
EcoFlex is also twice as strong as PVC, but only 25% of the weight.
Printers worldwide are showing great interest in the switch from PVC to EcoFlex, and it is already in demand by a number of global brands.
See below for info for the debate on Global Warming and how EcoFlex can greatly reduce this effect…
- 0% Chlorine Free – Polyethylene
- 64% Less Global Warming Potential than PVC
- 61% Less Energy Demand than PVC
- 0% Phthalate content – Non Toxic
- CO2 Emissions 312 grams/sq metre
- EcoFlex™ exclusive to UrbanStorm Ltd – Europe
- EcoFlex™ is the future
- Fabric weight 120 grams/sq.metre
- 73% less carbon footprint on deliveries
- Stronger than PVC by 100%
- Easily recyclable full circle, locally
- Poly Vinyl Chloride
= 57% chlorine by weight
- Global Warming Potential
= 64% more than EcoFlex™
- Energy demand
= 61% more than EcoFlex™
- Average Phthalate content
= 37.2% – Very Toxic
- CO2 Emissions
= 859.90 grams/sq.metre
- PVC available to market
- PVC banned from 2012 for the printing industry
- Fabric weight 450 grams/sq.metre
- Increased carbon footprint by 73% when compared to EcoFlex™
- Can only be reformed/recycled once
UrbanStorm also stock EcoFlex and sell to printers Europe wide, please ask for further details.